Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thinking of getting Holland lap ear rabbit


Thinking of getting Holland lap ear rabbit?
I work in a pet store, and Ive fallen for a female rabbit that we have. The only reason Im thinking of not getting her is because of my dogs. I have three dogs. they have their own room, and are in there when they are not out. I would have the rabbit kept in a seperate room, with a secure door. I know I would be able to give her a great deal of attention. The only thing Im worried about is my dogs barking. I do not want the rabbit to get stressed out. Two of my rabbits in the past died of a heart attack. I just wondered if my dogs are barking in a seperate room if this could stress the rabbit out. Just wondered what some peoples opinions are, thanks!
Other - Pets - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can get the rabbit if you please. Maybe the dogs have been barking at you past rabbits because they didn't know what it was. Introduce the rabbie to the dogs, and they will become acostom to the smell. Rabbit and dogs can develop fantastic relationships. It really depends on what breeds you have. If you have a duchound, i wouldn't sugest it. Dogs like that were breed to hunt and kill rabbits. Hope all goes well.
2 :
probably you are right - not to have the rabbit, as she might find the dogs too much and die. That would not be fair, and someone else might give her a gorgeous home
3 :
Go for it. I have rabbits and dogs and the rabbits have never had any problems with the dogs. Oh funny story in case you are still plauged by indicesion. Once I was feeding my rabbit and the cage door was open. I turned around and my Golden Retreiver was nose to nose with My NZ buck! I almost had a heart atack but the dog just trotted away and we were happy.