Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What do I need to move to Holland from the UK and obtain work there


What do I need to move to Holland from the UK and obtain work there?
I have very few qualifications. I can't speak any Dutch. However I do have 2 years+ of Call Centre experience and I heard English speaking people can get Call Centre work in Holland. I'd like to be able to move closer to my girlfriend (who is Dutch) but see very few options available..any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Netherlands - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it's true that there is work out there for English speakers. There is call centre work, order management etc etc wortking for International companies. However, although not to the same degree as in the UK, there is a downturn here and that is noticeable in the decreasing job market and some jobs like this can and do ask for higher education or experience. It also depends on where your gf is living. If she lives in and around the A'dam<>Den Haag<>Rotterdam<>Utrecht area (and especially Amstelveen, Hooffdorp & Schiphol area) then you have a fighting chance. If she lives in another area then it gets harder as you will need fluent Dutch. Anyway, never say never of course. You have an advantage in that holding an EU passport (I assume) then you are free to move and get a job which other nationalities are not able to do. I have answered a couple of similar questions like this before, so to save me retyping then you can find details and links here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=And71WC6GGi6fvvg486PEKnty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080522155350AAw0XIS Best of luck