Thursday, June 14, 2012

What kind of job do you think is good for me


What kind of job do you think is good for me?
I need some job ideas for when I get out of the Army. Im now a Military Police, I have been a D.A.R.E. officer and I enjoy working with kids, I also have been a Traffic Accident Investigator. I am working a degree now but don't have one as of yet. I don't want to be a Cop but I do enjoy working with kids...but I don't like to teach. Right now I work in NATO in Holland. I will have spent 8yrs in the Army when I get out and I will be 26yrs old. Ideas????
Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, I know it would be quite a turnaround, but you said you are attending a university, but you haven't declared a major? I think that's what you meant. If that's the case, maybe you should try child psychiatry, or be a youth couselor. If you are religious, maybe even a youth pastor.
2 :
Child Wefare. You don't have a degree right now but you could get a job as a Home Visitor, advising new mothers and acting as a mentor to the mother and helping her make decisons, hre in Florida it is part of the First Step Program. They will also accomodate your studies. You have not said what your degree is going to be in. You could also try the YMCA social services program.
3 :
You might want to take the free survey offered by the Princeton Review at http://www.princetonreview.com/cte/quiz/career_quiz1.asp That asks you a series of questions that help determine the types of jobs you'd be good at and enjoy. You do have to register to get the list of suitable careers, but it's free and all you have to give them is an e-mail address. Or maybe one of the assessments found at http://www.quintcareers.com/online_assessment_review.html would be helpful.