Friday, July 1, 2011

Can I become a good surfer


Can I become a good surfer ?
Im 19 years old. I live in Holland. I work on a cargoship 6 months per year. And I am 6 months per year free. I want to be become a surfer. Thing is there are no real waves here that are worth surfing. I need to stay living in Holland because of some school things, but I do have alot of sparetime. I wondered if its possible to become a surfer. There are no waves here, but we have wavepools (like surfsimulators) I can practice on those. I make enough money to go to some exotic surfsports for a few weeks a couple of times per year. I know absolutely nothing about surfing, but I am fairly atheletic, and I have a couple of months per year free to surf in the ocean and can practice in the surfsimulators here. Can I become a decent surfer ? How long does it take to become a good surfer ?? Are all those good caucasian surfers you see always from california or hawaii or australia or something ?
Surfing - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Surfing is very hard and takes lots of practice. In your situation, I wouldn't focus on becoming a great surfer, that's not what it's about. Have fun, don't worry about how good you are. Honestly. If you have fun on 3ft waves, then that's all that matters. To become a good surfer, you need to go out there almost every day. It's hard to become good if you can only go out a couple times a year. But try not to focus on that, as long as you have fun, it couldn't matter less.