Sunday, August 21, 2011

I am fed up with it that my boyfriend does not write me as often as I want to. How can I change that


I am fed up with it that my boyfriend does not write me as often as I want to. How can I change that?
We live in different countries. The plan is that in the future we will spend our live together but for now we have to live like this. I love to write but I also love to read. If it is up to me, I write him every day, multiple times even, via e-mail. He does not like to write, but if I do not write as often as I used to, he gets irritated. He calls every week, sometimes two times and than we are at the phone for at least half an hour to an hour, sometimes longer. I know it is expensive. But I can not bring my self to tell him not to call for so long. I want him to write, to save money, because this year I am going to see him and he will return with me so we can spend more time with each other. I don’t make a lot of money, he receives much more. He is the one who will pay for the tickets and my stay there. Sometimes I write to him and we do not get the chance to talks about those things. After these phone calls, I get fed up and wonder why I am in such a relationship. There seems to be no end in the time apart. But I can’t let him go because I love him and think he loves me too. We are highschool sweethearts. He was the first one I made love with and I was the first one for him. He went to study abroad and I stayed behind. A lot happened and we lost track of each other. I got married and he ended up having al lot affairs. Five years ago I got divorced. Because he always stayed one my mind, I looked him up and found that we still had feelings for each other. We want to be together now but I just can’t pick up my stuff and leave. I have my work here, I don’t earn much but in my country I can live from it. And I have two children, who go to school. He wants to take care of us but I will have to work too of course and I am afraid that in Holland I will not find work of my standard. I am a teacher at a highschool and I do not want to do that work in Holland because it will be so different an in fact , I am afraid of change. These things are in the future. When we get together in December, I hope we will resolve them. But for now, how do I get him to write more often? Sometimes I get so mad at him for not writing, that I just want to end it. I get anxious, and I can’t get him to understand him how I feel.
Other - Family & Relationships - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Then change your expectations.
2 :
he should be considerit towards you, you cant afford it let him know and if he still gets irritated i know its hard but then he just doesnt care for all you know he could be cheating, he lives so far..its really hard.
3 :
you can't you can plead with him to write more often but unless he wants to he won't but for him to ignore your feelings is not right
4 :
What he want you fore, he best bet mete nise girl wit papers, get her preggernant mary her and get paper to stay in cuntery. Girl from old cuntery no use, I leef wife and kids to com England, i go bak wen dey graduate militarie academy but not befores. You boyfrend probly the saem
5 :
you can tell him how you feel but maybe since he makes so much $. then mayb he's at work!!! Oh and I think you can look at jobs in other countries or cities that way you might find one that you can find a job you like. Oh to make sure things go smoothly 4 ur kids, show them a pic. of him and see what they think. maybe you could get something to talk to each other and see each other at the same time. But if he had lots of affairs. welllll u might want to think about that be4 u go down there.
6 :
well... just tell him you'd like him to write more often. even better, send him what you just wrote as your question on here
7 :
we have a "male-female" dilemma. females are used to this type of communication, males prefer this. For a relationship to truly work, both genders must learn to communicate on the other's "channel." Don't expect it your way, learn to understand his ways as well. It makes the walk SOOOOO MUCH smoooooooother.