Thursday, September 1, 2011

How can I get my hair straightner to work in Europe


How can I get my hair straightner to work in Europe?
I'm going to Europe next week and i want to bring my hair straightner and my camera battery charger. I think I need to bring a converter (sp?) and a universal plug. But what kind do I need? And is it possible that the hotels there have one? The places that I'm going to are: England, Holland, and France. I'm from Canada. The voltage of my hair straightner is 110-120. My camera charger is 100-240.
Other - Europe - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can buy what you need at the airport when you're going. Please note that in Europe the voltage is 220, not 110 - so do not plug your stuff in anywhere without a transformer, except for the camera charger which looks like it will be okay, but ask someone at the airport where you're buying the transformer. Different countries have different-shaped plugs, but it's easy to get the ones you need.
2 :
you are probably best to purchase a global adaptor before you leave, as in England the only ones available are for the british 3 pin plugs to be used around the world. holland and france have a 2 pin plug whereas Britain has a 3 pin plug so you would probably have to purchase 2 hope that helps
3 :
In UK you will need the 3 pin and in France/Holland the 2 pin adapter. Surely you can buy something like this in Canada (with 2 entrances) to be used at these locations. You can even find sites with such pics on the net.
4 :
This is what you need for your battery charger: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/4794059/Universal_Travel_Adapter_Adaptor_Plug_Adapter_Universal_Plug_Converter.html It is the only really UNIVERSAL adapter I've come across, and it's compact too! For your straightener you'll need a voltage converter: http://www.voltageconverters.com/voltage_converters.html Make sure to buy products that carry the "CE" label, else customs will confiscate them.